Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Role Scope: No Direct reports
Working relationship: Account Manager(s), Sales Development Reps, Pre-Sales, Customer Success
Purpose of Role
Responsible for maximising the commercial opportunities within new and existing customers within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region and achieve growth and budgeted sales targets by successfully supporting partner sales teams and converting sales pipeline opportunities.
New Business Development
- Deliver/exceed agreed sales objectives and targets through proactive sales development and account management activity.
- Develop relationships with key accounts and key stakeholders with our existing customers within your region
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs (KAM).
- Manage regional sales pipeline and ensure all opportunities are logged and updated on the Company’s CRM system with timely follow up and management of outstanding opportunities.
- Communicate effectively the LineView solutions value proposition at a C- Suite level both qualitatively and quantitatively… be seen as the expert (consultative sell – strong listener).
- Lead, manage and support regional customers tender and bid process, defining obligations, confirming contractual terms and conditions, ensuring that all bids are compliant with customer needs and are consistent with agreed business strategy, managing the commercial risk.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement a Regional strategic sales and account plans and budgets that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the region.
- Present sales, revenue and realistic forecasts to the central management team.
- Provide feedback regarding FMCG regional market trends, pricing, product direction and intelligence on competitor activity.
- Complete all relevant reporting of management and financial information including sales plans, budgets, and forecasts for your territory and present to Business Development Director.
- Experience navigating through and selling to large & global accounts.
- Has an “Enterprise” view of account management.
- Proven experience selling to CxO level clients.
- Experience in Territory and Account Planning.
- 5+ years consistent quota attainment within high performance sales culture in a solution sales / business development role selling systems integration solutions including: equipment supply and support service into the Manufacturing industry.
- Awards achieve (Minimum 2 recent years).
- Recognised sales training.
- E.g. SPIN, Solution Selling, Challenger, Target Account.
- Experience users of Dynamic or Salesforce CRM.
- Motivated by reward, success and recognition.
- Able to work with an entrepreneurial and creative mindset.
- Self managing, focussed on goal attainment.
- Exceptional planning skills.
- Process: Manufacturing: Beverage Industry Experience (Desirable but not mandatory).
- FMCG Manufacturing operations – awareness and understanding. Automation / PLC’s networks desirable but not essential.
- You will need to be a proven new business solution sales executive, keen to work hard, and do all the leg work that leads to doing the deals.
- MES / MIS experience.
- Excellent client presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- A highly proficient level of computer skills including Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, with the courage to make and defend proposals and decisions.
- A self-starter, possessing an entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to proactively respond to clients’ needs.
- High standards of business ethics and personal integrity.
- Results/KPI driven.
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm to achieve personal and shared objectives.
- Commercially astute, with expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close – High level of experience implementing sales strategies/systems and processes.
- To help further develop a customer focused culture within the company, interacting positively and effectively with other departmental heads in generating customer proposals, process development and problem resolution etc.
- You will need to be able to think on your feet manage ambiguity well, and of course you need to know when to close the deal.
- You must be happy to do some lead generation yourself; whilst you will get leads from Regional marketing activity and global key account management, you need to be open minded about picking the phone up yourself, creating and generating some opportunities for yourself.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- UK: French/Italian/Spanish/Arabic/Turkish.