Application Support Analyst
Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Reports to: Application Support Manager
Main Role Purpose: Investigate and resolve application / hardware issues experienced by our customers, agents and operations teams. Be able to troubleshoot / analyse and understand the root cause of issues providing proposed solutions and implementing fixes. Be able to identify software bugs and communicate with internal and external customers throughout an issue life cycle.
- Investigate technical incidents and work them through to resolution.
- Undertake system configuration fixes where necessary
- Support / Maintaining, upgrading and monitoring of Customer system
- Identify and report Customer priorities within the team and to stakeholders
- Communicate with customers via written and verbal contact
- Communicate incident timescales, progress and outcomes to customers
- Proactively identify recurring and potential incidents
- Work within a framework of customer SLA’s
- Take Responsibility for incidents and problems until resolved
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A background in providing technical support and resolving customer queries, in line with service levels
- Previously worked with an ITSM System
- Able to work within a team or using own initiative, taking responsibility for incidents / problems until resolved.
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills with the ability to adapt style and language depending on the audience (technical and non-technical)
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate with external customers, take ownership of issues and provide appropriate updates, feedback and information throughout the problem / incident life cycle
- Be comfortable dealing with changing customer and business priorities.
- Experience of server based database environments, including reporting such as SQL and Mongo and be comfortable reviewing logs and identifying patterns which lead to support issues.
- Some technical knowledge, ideally with web applications, API’s and databases
- Strong investigation / troubleshooting skills, with the ability to solve or suggest solutions to resolve issues.
- Able to work under your own direction and engage people across the business for information as required in order to achieve a successful resolution
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Comfortable performing a wide range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Able to quickly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Be able to document issues and resolutions to be shared in a knowledge base for internal and external agents.
- Experience of undertaking systems analysis, identifying process improvements
Preferred (Not Essential) Knowledge, skills and experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PowerShell or similar scripting language / Azure / MongoDB