Job Title: Implementation Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Role Scope: No Direct reports.
Purpose of role:
Home based but with UK and international travel, you will be working within our Operations department, alongside a team of implementation engineers and be responsible for the preparation, execution and delivery of the project. This would include but not be limited to the configuration, installation, and commissioning of monitoring software on customer production lines.
- Preparation, configuration, installation and commissioning of line monitoring software on customer sites
- Provide onsite technical assistance and support to customers and agents.
- Deliver on site customer support and basic training to new and existing customers as required.
- Helping customers & agents solve technical issues with our range of production line monitoring software solutions.
- Communicating customer needs and issues to our head office support team – logging bugs onto Zendesk support portal.
- Technical support to the sales team in live projects or new customer development.
- Understand the range of products to effectively troubleshoot issues, replicate problematic behaviour and provide design suggestions
- Gain and maintain up to date knowledge of the product range and competitive products
- Configuration of line monitoring software solution customised to individual site requirements
- Remote access of deployed systems to diagnose and repair issues or create performance reports
- Acts as a liaison between the project team and the customer on technical issues making sure that everyone is aware of the job’s progress and any issues that have arisen during implementation.
- Determines what equipment, parts and component systems are needed to complete an installation and ensure that these parts meet the engineering specifications and all the relevant safety standards.
- Provide regular input and reviews as part of an
integral project planning approach
Required Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven knowledge & experience of configuration and programming of PLC & HMI automation equipment, eg. Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens S5, S7, Beckhoff, B&R.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar engineering installation role, ideally within FMCG manufacturing.
- Excellent language & communication skills (English) in both verbal and written formats (phone, email, documentation, etc.) There is the requirement to liaise with Customers face to face on site, via the telephone and conference calls, and deliver basic operator training to customer personnel.
- Excellent PC skills, familiar with most MS Office products. Comfortable to use unfamiliar software packages with no / minimal training.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High levels of self-reliance and the ability to take the initiative and adapt to changing circumstances when on site in a pressured environment.
Preferred (Not Essential) Knowledge, skills and experience
- Understanding of remote access software and technologies, eg VPN client software
- Knowledge & experience of Industrial communications e.g. OPC, Modbus, DH+, Profibus, Profinet, Industrial TCPIP.
- Networking hardware, software, protocols & technologies including both wired and wireless.
- Databases and data analysis including experience with SQL, NoSQL and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of production line monitoring and metrics including OEE and 6 Sigma.